Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MADE IT!

I have made it safely to the great city of South Africa! After getting settled (partly...still a work in progress), we had a great couple days getting to know all the wonderful people at GRS Headquarters and the walk from the office to our amazing house on the the Kloof Street. And while I'm on the subject, it hasn't taken me long to fall completely in love with 115 Kloof Street. Rather than try and fail describe it without any cliches, I'll give you all a glimpse:


Yes, that it a small turf pitch, yes that's Devil's Peak (to the left) and Table Mountain (to the right), and yes, we have already done Body by E on the turf. It's easily the most beautiful place I have ever done a Dana Roll.

Other than that, Anna and I have been practicing our Xhosa clicks after meeting a wonderful GRS intern from Cape Town named Notula, and have reached the point where we can say "Hello, how are you?" "I'm fine, and you?" as well as "Thank you" and "You're welcome." Not too shabby for Day 2.

That is is for now, but before I sign off I have to give a huge thank you to Hooter, SCal, Leah and Austin for a perfect sendoff to our year with GRS. When all the interns went our separate ways in Johannesburg, we kept remarking how it seemed impossible that we had only met less than four days prior. Our intern class is full of such great people whose weird quirks all meshed seamlessly, which is almost exclusively down to the preparation, energy, and care from our orientation leaders. That last little piece or credit goes out to Brudad, Cindy, Soy Dog, Junior, and co for giving us the perfect atmosphere to...well...say goodbye to our home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment